Monday, May 25, 2009

R.I.P. Camu Tao



It was a year ago today that the underground Hip-Hop scene lost one of their true champions Camu Tao, to Cancer waaay too soon....I leave you with some words about Camu from his good friend Cage....:

"May 25th 2008 I got a call informing me Tero had passed away.I had just spoken to him days before this call.We were working via phone on a song he produced for me(Follow the Bleeder)I could hear he was in the hospital and I asked him if he was alright and he said he wasn't feeling well and just had to get some things checked out."Don't worry"he said"I will be okay, I will talk to you later when I get out of here."That was the last thing Camu ever said to me.Life hasn't been the same.He was my closest friend.I spoke to him more than I spoke to anyone in life.I am still bitter and everything has lost it's flavor no matter how surreal everything is right now.And I know he would be jumping up and down saying 'YEAH WE DID IT" (something he would always say whether or not it had anything to do with him)He had the ability to celebrate the smallest accomplishments and get me in hysterics about anything.He helped me in music and more importantly he helped me in life.He was a beautiful person with an effortless talent and I know people throw the word genius around loosely to compliment each other or in some cases themselves but TERO SMITH WAS A MUSICAL GENIUS.I miss him very much and I will never be the same again.I think of him everyday.
Rest In Peace brother.

Listen to Camu Tao songs all day today and remember.
I listen to Camu Tao songs everyday and so should you
."

No comments:

Labels