Monday, May 18, 2009

Video: Cage - I Never Knew You



Amazingly depressive and artsy, "I Never Knew You", the new video from underground staple Cage is strikingly forward thinking, and definitely genre bending.....This is new and actually doesn't disappoint me, but rather effectively displays what exactly Cage has been up to musically and gives you a pretty intense visual....Directed by actor Shia Lebeouf (who is rumored to be playing Cage in a new bio pic) the symbolism in the direction is well done...from the glowing woman to the ground collapsing under the kid's feet, I think I might of actually gotten it....As far as Cage's verses go, it's no mistaking that he's on a different trip nowadays; this isn't the same guy that once upon a time dropped Agent Orange on us and was beefing with Eminem.....Nah, those glorious days of backpacking and Rawkus are gone, but it does seem as if Cage has found a new avenue that I know will catch on with a lot of progressive thinking heads.....

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels