Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Interview: RJD2 For La Famiglia Magazine



I think the minor lull in dope album releases that usually takes place round' this time of year is just about over, the proof being Philly-based RJD2's 4th solo release that just dropped...

Another instrumental wonderment for Hip-Hopper's and electro heads alike to consume, La Famiglia Magazine caught up with the talented producer/musician/singer and spoke on his latest moves and his new album "The Colossus"...



LFM: In your eyes, how is The Colossus, different from other records you’ve worked on in the past?

RJD2: The biggest to me is that I’ve had the most amounts of resources to do this record and to a certain degree this record was all about maximizing those resources.

LFM: What do you feel really helped along the way putting the record together?

RJD2: Things that really made the record are all the guys that jumped on board. You know, Phonte, and Aaron, and all the guys from Cordless. Once I had the first three songs in the bag it really started to feel like, maybe smooth sailing might be a dramatic way to put it, but that really broke the bag of the record.

LFM: Why did you chose to go off on your own after all this time releasing records on Defintive Jux?

RJD2: There were so many arrows pointing to this being the personal solution for myself. By now I have been part of the campaign for really seven albums. Three solo albums, two Soul Position albums, and the Acyelone album. And then another that wasn’t a full-blown campaign but I had to go through all the process of releasing it so that makes seven. By then I had essentially built a whole roster of all the things I need to release an album. Whether that be a publicist, and radio, and knowledge of distribution, touring, and video works. I’ve done it that many times that none of it was really Greek to me. Those are some of the things that were pointing to me doing it myself.



Read the rest here

No comments:

Labels