Saturday, January 23, 2010

Single: A Tribe Called Quest's Lost Intro For "The Love Movement"



Recently un-earthed by Hip-Hop writer and editor extraordinaire Aqua we got a previously un-released (unless you got the advance copy of "The Love Movement" too) intro for A Tribe Called Quest's last group album to date, "The Love Movement".

This really is so much more than just Mos Def falling into character and delivering extra cool dogmatizations of his group and their wondrous mystique...I think this is one of the nicest intros to ever suffer an eleventh hour cut from an album. I don't think that if it was included that "The Love Movement" would've been a better album per se, but I do think it could've been one of those memorable intros that so many of my fav. LP's have due to it's immense character...What rappers nowadays could do an intro like that, with that kind of personality? I can count em' on one hand...

To be totally honest I think that album gets a bum rap by reviewers too...I was a cat that wasn't around listening to "People's Instinctive Travels..." and "The Low End Theory" when they first dropped. I had to go back and re-trace those albums after hearing ATCQ's later releases (sorry, I'm still kinda young) and even though I missed out on a lot of magic, I will always maintain that "The Love Movement" can stand up with their older work...

-BIG D O


A Tribe Called Quest's Lost Intro For "The Love Movement"

No comments:

Labels