Friday, January 29, 2010

Video: Ski Beatz' Unique Techniques With Ableton Live



Even though blogging on Friday night is almost as lame as this, I'm still gonna hit ya'll with a dope new video showcasing one of my all-time fav. producer's and what he's dabbling in these days to create his still very relevant music...

Explaining that he long ago hung up his MPC for the software program loop-based software music sequencer known as Ableton Live, Ski displays his 3 yrs. worth of knowledge using the sequencer and DAW to all the newbies...

Discussing and demonstrating things like "slicing and sampling", "getting it tight", "warp game" and "making the groove", Ski gives ya a pretty comprehensive run down of how he does what he does with Ableton.

Pretty good, but I'm still diggin' what he did with the MPC/SP waaay more...call me resistant to change I guess.

At the end Ski takes you back to this MC Will-Ski and Original Flavor days...lol

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels