Friday, January 29, 2010

Interview: J-Love Remembers Killa Sha For Unkut.com




For years DJ/producer and mixtape force J-Love collaborated with his good friend Killa Sha and made great music...as we know, it's only been a week or so since we lost Sha, but for some, like J, it probably feels like it was just yesterday that he was dapping up his friend.

J, along with a few of Sha's other close collaborators and peoples (DJ Phantom, DJ Peter Parker, The Thorotracks) were kind enough to get up with Robbie of Unkut.com and share some candid stories about the man that pridefully hid his disease, routinely stood up to others twice his size and had a deep love for big boned women...

-BIG D O


J-Love: It was maybe 2000 or so when I was doin’ the old Stretch & Bobitto Show – me and Lord Sear took over when Bob and Stretch left. Sear and Killa Sha were always real close, so he started coming to the show and we just clicked and we built from there. It was funny too, ‘cos you know I’m the kind of cat I snap on a lotta niggas – I don’t really give a fuck. So he went at me first – we was on the air, he called me, ‘Jason Giambi’ or some funny shit. I was like, ‘Yeah? Nigga, you look like a rapping Webster!’ We just always had that chemistry, that bond. We could just joke around, have fun – lock you in and make some banging music. He was a worker like me – he was the type like, ‘Yo, son, let’s bang this out’. Sha was like money. Writin’ a verse on the spot, goin’ in, knock it out in one or two takes. He definitely had his craft mastered. I feel like Sha was one of the nicest cats outta Queensbridge that just got overlooked, because he wasn’t ‘industry popular’ or whatever. That nigga was motherfuckin’ perfectionist, too. He would be in the booth ‘till he gets it right. I might have a hundred songs with Killa Sha that people never even heard yet.

He liked the big fat girls. He was like, ‘Yeah! I love it! I wanna jump inside something that weighs three times more than me!’ We used to always joke about it, ‘Yeah, you like sleeping with those fat girls, ‘cos it keeps your little body warm!’ He got this song over Busta’s ‘NY Shit’ – ‘I’m on my fat girl shit!’ He didn’t hold his tongue, he was four-foot nothin’! He might’ve been 4’10” – Sha was short, bro! But he carried himself like a giant! I seen him riff the big niggas, like ‘Fuck you, daddy! Nigga, I’ll shoot you! What!?’ [laughs] It’s little stupid shit, like me and him was always going to the diner and I’d order a big meal and he’d just order chicken noodle soup! I used to find that shit mad funny.



Read The Rest Here

2 comments:

#PraverbForever! said...

loving the blog homie...I just stumbled across it today...

BIG D O said...

thankyou homie, preciate it a grip....

come back often, i'm always updating and tell ya peoples!

Labels