Saturday, January 23, 2010

That's A Wrap.......For Now



Last night (3 hours ago) Conando stepped up and ended his tenure on The Tonight Show on a classy note...

After beginning with a montage of the show's best moments set to Cheap Trick's "Surrender" Conan moved forward with guests like Steve Carrell (who gave him his NBC exit interview), Tom Hanks and Neil Young....

Conan kept the jabs at his now former employer to a minimum and actually made some very gracious comments near the end of the show:

"There has been a lot of speculation in the press about what I legally can and can't say about NBC," he said. "To set the record straight, tonight I am allowed to say anything I want. And what I want to say is this: Between my time at 'Saturday Night Live,' 'The Late Night Show,' and my brief run here on 'The Tonight Show,' I have worked with NBC for over 20 years. Yes, we have our differences right now. And, yes, we're going to go our separate ways. But this company has been my home for most of my adult life. I am enormously proud of the work we have done together, and I want to thank NBC for making it all possible."


He then proceeded to ride out into the sunset playing guitar alongside a costumed Will Farrell, Beck, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, Robert Randolph and The Tonight Show Band as they all performed the Lynard Skynard classic "Free Bird"...

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels