Friday, August 7, 2009

La Coka Nostra - The Height Of Power Mixed by DJ Eclipse



Two days ago I was riding around runnin' some errands bumpin' the shit outta La Coka Nostra's debut album, "A Brand You Can Trust", and I have to say after a thorough few listens it's a quality release....Far from some flash in the pan, gimmick group, these guys (Everlast, Ill Bill, Slaine, Danny Boy, DJ Lethal & Big Left?) are serious artist's who shouldn't be judged by their skin tone at all....I mean, few times do I ever find myself un-riveted by their piercing, heartfelt rhymes...It's hardcore, blue collar, rugged, conspiracy theory infused Hip-Hop done right and I can't front on no man, be it a Asian cat, a white dude, a Middle Eastern fella, whatever, if they bring it and are intense about they craft respect due to em'....

To sort of sum up the monster that is LCN, basically the 1990's Irish American powerhouse trio known as House Of Pain got up with a pair of the illest new lyricist's from back east in Brooklyn's Ill Bill and Boston's Slaine, who both happen to be white. After that they just reprised making that good, relevant music that they had been previously under a new monikor. Now I'm not sure whether it was the aim for the group to be all-white, and really I could care less, but I gotta say, this is probably the nicest collection of Caucasian MC's ever assembled and their product is definitely reflective of that....It's too bad that Everlast had that lil' beef with Eminem back in the day, I really think that he would be a great fit now that LCN is only a 5 man group and former member Big Left only appears sparingly here and there. LOL, if that ever happened you'd be hearing about LCN a whole lot more and really, I think it would be a much better shot in the arm for what I view as a somewhat stagnant career for Em...but that's just me...I'm sure Whitey Ford would have a much different view...

If you missed LCN's latest blessing before this, the "Audacity Of Coke" mixtape that they did with Statik Selektah, I would advise picking that up too (just do a quick search at the top) but if not just dive into "The Height Of Power". This mix is a lil' more in depth and sorta gives you a musical back story on all the members and their respective groups. With Ill Bill's former Non Phixion deejay, DJ Eclipse on the one's and two's you get a seamless mix that sheds light on the group's from whence all the members came and a host of new LCN tracks straight from the new album....Eclipse really does a great job and he's part of the reason I was so eager to grab this...hands down one of the most capable DJ's out there and schooled by the game's best. Quite a radio personality as well....

Grab this and if you haven't already and be sure to go grab "A Brand You Can Trust"...

Earns a 8 1/2 outta 10 rating...

-BIG D O










01- La Coka Nostra - Fuck Tony Montana
featuring B-Real and Sick Jacken
02- Non Phixion - Cult Leader
03- Special Teamz - Fallen Angelz featuring D Quest
04- La Coka Nostra - That's Coke
05- La Coka Nostra - Soldiers Of Fortune
06- Non Phixion - Black Helicopters
07- Slaine - Mistaken Identity
08- Ill Bill - War Is My Destiny
featuring Immortal Technique and Max Cavalera
09- La Coka Nostra - I'm An American featuring B-Real
10- Special Teamz - Race Riot
11- La Coka Nostra - Get Outta My Way
featuring Big Left
12- Slaine, Everlast, DJ Lethal - Nature 0f The Beast
13- Ill Bill - Society Is Brainwashed
14- La Coka Nostra - It's A Beautiful Thing
15- House Of Pain - Same As It Ever Was
16- Everlast - Folsom Prison Blues
17- La Coka Nostra - Where Hope Goes To Die
18- Everlast - Stone In My Hand
19- House Of Pain - Jump Around
20- La Coka Nostra - This Is War featuring Big Left

http://rapidshare.com/files/264548241/La_Coka_Nostra-The_Height_Of_Power__mixed_by_DJ_Eclipse_-Bootleg_CDR-2009-CMS.rar

No comments:

Labels