Sunday, August 9, 2009

Single: Cormega - Put On Freestyle



Corey hits us with somethin' new while we wait on his upcoming LP that is all but guaranteed to be a classic. That's due much in part to a star studded (real stars) list of guest contributors, producer's and Mega's usual consistency on albums....

I must say though, this new freestyle is a bit of a curve ball. Wouldn't expect him to go in over a Young Jeezy instrumental....Gotta be honest, I'm not into this at all...

Mega's verse sounded forced and he was having a bit of a struggle locating the timing for the flow....Don't get me wrong I like that he's trying new things and the first time around (earlier this year) when he used this formula for that "Maybach Music" freestyle it worked. The second time around however this approach yields nothing short of disappointment.

I know Mega is supposed to be dropping a new Mixtape sometime soon and I have no doubt that this is probably a leak off it, which doesn't exactly get me or any of his other longtime fans giddy....

On the other hand I know that when it comes to his new projects for each joint I don't fuck with, there's 3 or 4 that I end up playing out...

He didn't quench our thirst this time, but we're all still parched for some new, ill Cormega.....question ain't if he'll give it to us, but rather when...

-BIG D O








http://www.zshare.net/audio/637746596fb7a4cc/

No comments:

Labels