Monday, August 31, 2009

Single: Donny Goines - Dream Awake (prod. by Nastee)



See there is a bright side to Twitter! What I mean is that sometimes ill new artists leak heat like this on their pages and we (the Hip-Hop community) get to enjoy something early...

"Dream Awake" is such a track that was released early by Donny Goines via the latest bastardisation of social networking on the web, that sports lush horn textures and inspired MCing that instantly catch and hold your ear hostage. A true blessing is dispersed that is def. album worthy.

Goines relates heavily to the common man, kicking kinetic verses about coming up and biding his time til' a break comes his way, coupling his I'm-gonna-make-it attitude with a track that is just as ambitious.

As the gifted NYC rhymer makes promises to himself about future successes we all wait and anticipate what he drops next....

-BIG D O









http://www.zshare.net/audio/648460233196c0ba/

1 comment:

Nastee said...

peace... this is nastee.. i produced this Goines track... I was wonderin if you could post up my album? I just dropped it on 9/16... hit me up horosoco@musician.org

1luv
nastee
nasteeluvzyou.blogspot.com

Labels