Saturday, November 14, 2009

Interest Piece: DJ Clark Kent's Best Joints Ever....Redux



Look, I'm not a bitter guy, I just don't think that the majority of online Hip-Hop publications are honestly taking the time to research what they're writing about much anymore. That or they just get 18 year old interns to throw stuff together for the hell of it to see the amount of backlash they can accrue. I don't blame em' for being a bit haphazard, there's always a deadline for articles and pieces and realistically in this day and age when we live in technology's clutches and your prized writing that you worked on for 10 hours is disregarded for a different site that puts up some random video of Chris Brown talkin about whatever, well, yeah maybe quantity in their view becomes more important...Still, there is no excuse for certain infractions...

Case in point, this article that Complex.com put up titled "Crash Course: 10 Great Songs Produced By DJ Clark Kent": http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/11/13/crash-course-10-great-songs-produced-by-dj-clark-kent/comment-page-1/#comment-35946

...For a good portion of their list I can sort of agree they were on the right track, so I didn't re-post any of their selections, especially not the horridly bad ones. Nevertheless the list is still hastily done and the kids deserve a better first encounter with Clark's production chops, therefore I made like the pretentious blogger asshole that I am and dropped my own list...

I ain't gonna make no top 10 or any of that, in this day in age cats like Clark got too much classic material to condense to just some crazy list...I'mma just bless ya'll with my own personal favorites from the man.

Here's a few cuts the good folks over at Complex.com left out...

-BIG D O



Slick Rick - Kill Niggas


Sauce Money - "Middle Finger U"


Jay-Z - "I Can't Get Wid Dat"


Poor Righteous Teachers - Dreadful Day


Original Flavor - Kick The Butta


Rakim ft. Clark Kent - Finest Ones


K-Solo - Fugitive


Freddie Foxxx - Stick'em Up!


Father MC - Sex Is Law


Das Efx - Dedicated


Keith Murray - Christina


Lil' Kim & Mona Lisa - Time To Shine


A.D.O.R. - From The Concrete


DJ Kay Slay ft. Sauce Money, Memphis Bleek & The Game - Hands On The Pump

No comments:

Labels