Tuesday, November 3, 2009

News: Roxanne Shante Battling Breast Cancer



In an interview with AOL.com's "Black Voices", legendary femcee Roxanne Shante has revealed that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Shante, who has made news recently when her claims that her college was paid for by a record label were debunked, said that she first discovered a lump in her left breast earlier this year and after months of procrastination finally went to go get a mammogram. Afterward the results would reveal the urgent news that yes, in fact that bump was cancerous.

The interview with AOL also gave way to some impromptu comments regarding the whole debacle surrounding her making statements that she had received her PH.D through Warner Music paying for her entire education:


"Do I apologize? Yes, I do. But I am not asking for your forgiveness,. I am sorry about a lot of things that I should've done differently. There were quite a few things that have been exposed with that article; the fact that I never received any royalties, the fact that I did go on to attend college (even if no Ph.D. was acquired), and the fact that at 14 years old and coming straight from the group home, I went on to create a career that even after 20 years of not making a hit record, was still pulling headlines."


At the present time Roxanne is still recovering from her treatment and trying to keep a positive attitude. I wish her well...

-BIG D O










Full story here:
http://www.bvnewswire.com/2009/10/30/roxanne-shante-sorry--thankful-breast-cancer/

1 comment:

Lil Dee said...

damn i wish roxanne the best

rap music

Labels