Monday, November 9, 2009

Mr. Peter Parker Presents Happy Birthday Big Pun The Remixtape




In honor of what would've been his 38th born day, DJ Peter Parker has gotten together with some of Big Pun's old friends as well as some up and coming producers like DJ Pain1, DJ Khalil, Rhaki Beats, Lazerbeak and J.J. Brown to remix some of his all-time classic records...

Although I'm happy that Peter Parker stepped up and dropped this tape, (he was the only DJ I know of that managed to produce some sort of tribute) I must say the actual remixes aren't gonna be the type of offerings most Pun fans expect or want. Sorry, I don't mean to be a crab, but I would've chosen a vastly different set of producers to do this project with. Names like The Beatnuts, Domingo, Younglord, L.E.S., V.I.C., Buckwild and DJ Shok come to mind, mainly because I would just love to see them get to finesse some of Pun's stuff again, but also because I really couldn't see any of them refusing to lend a hand to a tribute tape for Pun...

As far as the claim that there is "previously unreleased" music contained on this, I'm afraid that's not the case either. Don't be fooled by that "I'll be Around" verse, it took me a minute to remember but that was simply a guest appearance that Pun did for Rah Sun's "it's Not A Game" album back in 98'/99'.

In fact, Seis gettin' busy, giving us a new solo offering is about the only real exclusive featured on this rather hasty 14 track outing.

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels