Friday, November 13, 2009

Single: 50 Cent & Beanie Sigel - I Go Off




I tried my best not to put this up on account of the fact that I loathe almost 100% of the music Fif be droppin' nowadays....Don't get it twisted, I respect his hustle and business acumen, but his music...meh, hasn't been aaight since 98'. In any case, the special occasion that is him getting a post on Purehip-hop is the new joint he has with his latest signee to G-Unit Records, Beanie Sigel...

"I Go Off" will ripple through the blogosphere faster than those Rihanna nude pics did, mainly because of the last portion of the song when 50 decides to throw some shots at Beans' former partner and boss, Jay-Z.

We all knew that it would eventually come to this, maybe not this soon but yeah, we knew a diss record for Jigga would go down at some point. While I didn't pickup anything except subliminals when Beans and Curtis were going back and forth, the bulk of the damage has been done. I doubt there is any real ammo here that would incite a definite rally from Jay, but once again, as I have stated before, Jiggaman stays on top of things like this and prolly done heard the diss already, loud and clear.

If he does ever choose to engage either Beans (wouldn't be smart) or 50 (would be too easy) I'm gonna tune in...Face it, when it comes to battling Hov has the experience under his belt to always be taken seriously. The catch of course is that he's never had to really square off with a former associate that was so close to him in his past. One that knows his habits and perhaps more. It's Hip-Hop's equivalent of Tom Hagen and Luca Brasi starting a war with an aged Michael Corleone...you just know who's got the master cunning to come out on top of the whole deal, but it'll cost him some wounds nonetheless...

-BIG D O




http://usershare.net/rekxopm3f7jw

No comments:

Labels