Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beastie Boys - Brooklyn Dust Mixed by Jimmy Green



Who's in the mood for some ill blends?

Courtesy of Jimmy Green and his all too dope Jimbo Jones Convenienence Store Blog we get a brand new take on one of Hip-Hop's most storied groups, The Beastie Boys.

The all-white trio of MC's that actually started out way back in the late 70's as a hardcore Punk act and then switched in 84' to Hip-Hop don't usually find themselves the fodder of modern mixtape constructing...Thanks to Jimmy thinking outside the box and having a bomb ass collection of their acapellas and rarities however, we get a new and intriguing look from the Beasties that just may make some of you Generation Yer's fans.

I admit I grew out of bumping the Beasties regularly, but lately I've been re-visiting a lot of their older stuff (shoutout to anyone else that bumps "No Sleep Til' Brooklyn while they workout) so this tape comes right on time for me. My older sis was actually the first one who I saw bumping the Beasties and out of curiousity one day I took her tape of "Licensed To Ill" and ended up never returning it. I been a fan since and I think more of you cats that don't mess with Mike D, MCA (Get well soon homie!) and Ad-Rock's music should try "Brooklyn Dust" on for size. The 35 track tape has a dope contemporary twist coupling some of the group's classic vocals with more modish beats and there's also a host of rare alternate versions and remixes...a great introduction to the Beasties for any novice and a great refresher for longtime listeners...

Dig in.

-BIG D O


Beastie Boys - Brooklyn Dust Mixed by Jimmy Green


Have a taste of what's in store:



No comments:

Labels