Monday, February 15, 2010

Single: Janelle Monáe ft. Big Boi - Tightrope



New single from the superlatively talented Kansas City, Kansas native and NYC transplant Janelle Monáe...

The Indie Soul, Punk and New Wave songstress teams with one 1/2 of my favorite (and the best of all-time) ATLien group in Big Boi for "Tightrope"; a funky head nodder that is custom made for starting your day with some spunk or speeding in a residential neighborhood with the windows down excited about nuthin'...

Janelle gives you some commanding talk-sangin' that steals the show while Big Boi (who turned 35 on the 1st BTW) experiments with his flow. The lil' breakdown AKA "Classy brass" AKA "the funkiest horn section in Metroplis" was dope...I'm DLing this my damn self, a rarity for me or any blogger who reviews damn near 100 songs every 24 hrs.

As you "tip on the tight rope" with Janelle and Big Boi keep in mind that Ms. Monáe's new album "The ArchAndroid" drops on May 18th, just in time for Summa!

-BIG D O


1 comment:

msangie225 said...

Janelle Monae is in a category of her own! She never ceases to amaze me and I am glad she is back on the music scene in a major way! Her vocals are insane and her music is simply incredible! I hope she gets the recognition she truly deserves! JM, you rock!

Labels