Friday, April 23, 2010

Murs Remembers Guru




Individualistic L.A. rhymer Murs takes a moment to pen a few of his thoughts about the recent passing of the Hip-Hop legend in the form of the impact of a few warm memories Guru provided in his life via Gangstarr music that caused a certain mother to go "ballistic" and funny tour stories...

Via his blog on Vibe.com

-BIG D O



"All I did was give a muthafucka a pound and a compliment and I was out. Told'em my name. Peace." - Guru, "Intro (The First Step)" from the album Hard To Earn

As a teenager yearning to be "on" in the mid 90's these were words to live by, straight from the mouth of a hip-hop legend. As a youngster, I heard this speech for the first time in the front seat of my mom's car coming from the midnight release Gang Starr had at the Tower Records on Sunset Blvd. I was in LOOOOVE with their new single "Massappeal." I mean, had triples of it on vinyl and would play it over and over every morning before school.


Read the rest here

No comments:

Labels