Friday, October 2, 2009

Debaser - Back To Work



Birthed out of the Portland, OR crew Sandpeople, the two man duo Debaser is made up of producer Sapient and MC Ethic and they are bringing ya'll a brand new and completely gratis album, "Back To Work".

This release is apart of the two musical heads 3 month marathon of free music in which from here on out they'll be dropping a new, downloadable album for fans every month via their Myspace page. I'm impressed with the northwestern kids' hustle a great deal and I definitely see that promotion working well for them. As someone that has lived in Portland (and may soon be returning) before I'm kinda ashamed to say I'm not super hip to these cats individually, but I have been privy to the Sandpeople crew over time and yes, they're appreciated a lot out that way. If your an underground head with a taste for interesting production and hardcore emceeing this is a post your gonna wanna linger around in.

Landing some dope guest spots from Rasco, Phat Kat and Luckyiam (of Living Legends) is pretty ambitious territory for the newcomers and I'm not sure if it didn't just backfire a bit on em'. Sorry, no one just starting out sounds that nice rhyming next to Rasco or Kat...I'm not saying don't get them on ya project, I'm just saying if you gonna aim high you better be sturdy and you better come correct....Nuff' said there I think.

All in all this is worth ya time, but I gotta be a lil' stingy with the rating cause' it wasn't exactly my cup of tea in a few areas and I say that fully acknowledging that Sapient and Ethic are talented and are def. gonna make more noise in the future....

6 1/2 outta 10....

-BIG D O












1: Go To Work
2: The Crown Fits
3: Bow
4: Leave Me Alone
5: Rap Scene f. Luckyiam
6: The Difference
7: I Don’t Think So (rmx)
8: Chuchface (Inst.)
9: Do Proper
10: Out Front f. Phat Kat & Rasco (Cali Agents)
11: End Life f. Illmaculate
12: Someday

http://sandpeoplemusic.com/Free/Music/Debaser_Back_To_Work.zip

No comments:

Labels