Friday, October 16, 2009

Video Interview: The Rza On The Colbert Report

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The RZA
http://www.colbertnation.com/
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorMichael Moore


I'm kicking myself for missing this episode man...I've been good about watching all my late night shows recently despite a killer schedule, but for some odd reason I been burning the midnight oil writing reviews the past couple of days and didn't look at my usual Current Tonight, Conan O'Brian, Jimmy Fallon, Daily Show and Colbert Report lineup...What I missed was a pretty cool sit down between two people whom I consider very good at what they do and have followed for years, respectively.

The Rza was promoting his new Book "The Tao Of The Wu" and Stephen was wearing cowboy boots asking him about truth, mathematics and the way of the Wu....There were a lot of funny moments but I can tell when Colbert respects someone and when he don't, and it seemed like he dug Rza's message.

As for this new book, I think there's a good chance I will do to it exactly what I did with the "Wu Manual", that being spend 6 hours in a Barnes And Noble reading it and then promptly dropping the 20 bucks to add it to my book collection.

As always I gotta hit ya with the link so you can support:
http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Wu-RZA/dp/1594488851

-BIG D O

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know about that. Why didn't at the end of the interview did Colbert say "Go buy this book!" or something to that effect? He just repeated a few funny words from the interview, and smiled big into the camera for a few seconds before they cut.

Don't really think that Colbert was feeling the guy. Colbert is from South Carolina after all...

BIG D O said...

Nah, you got it twisted, even though Colbert is from SC he's not some backwards conservative moron, he just plays one on the show...I know he wouldn't of had him on if he didn't dabble a lil' bit in Rza's music or writing....

LOL, the one rapper that I think Colbert had on and felt was a lil' polarizing was Nas. Nasir being smack dab in teh middle of his promo press tour for the "N&^*(&!" album prolly didn't help....

Like I said Colbert had some fun with the interview, like he does with every interview, but Rza was a good sport and explained to Colbert what he was talkin about in his book...

Anonymous said...

I love The Colbert Report Episodes and i love the acting of Clobert.i became a huge fan of him when i watch him first time on The Daily show.really,he is Great and makes This show Gr8.if you also wants to watch this show then click at link to download The Colbert Report tv show and enjoy it's Fantastic episodes.

Labels