Thursday, October 8, 2009

Single: Mean Doe Green ft. Raekwon - Prince Of Psalms (prod. by Carlos "Six July" Broady)





Once again I simply have to say ya'll, Twitter is definitely good for a few things here and there....

Dropping a previously unreleased banger from 1999 via his Twitter feed, The Chef releases an obscure gem on us. Handing an assist to Sacramento MC Mean Doe Green (catchy) Rae splices some serious bars over a joint from one of my favorite and most slept on producers, Carlos Broady, whom you might remember best as one of the members of Bad Boy's Hitmen production squad and a go to guy for names like Royce Da 5'9", Mobb Deep and Mary J. Blige to name a few. Old Bad Boy names just keep popping up this week....

This is indeed that turn of the century goodness that 99' did have so much of in spots, especially for Raekwon. Shiiiiet, in the fall of 99' I was roaming the halls of my high school, Walkman in hand bumpin' "Immobilarity". I know it caught hell with critics, but to this day it's one of my fav. solo albums from the man. I could've really seen this joint fitting into the track list too.

Over a moody head nodder Rae and Doey Rock go back and forth with ill street themed lines. I'm impressed with the relatively unknown Mean Doe Green's flow. He stood tall and repped Sac town correct and didn't flinch when Rae started spillin'...Might have to start checking for his stuff more regularly.

-BIG D O














http://usershare.net/h63bthy8ykz0

No comments:

Labels