Wednesday, October 14, 2009

News: More Fallout From VH1's Hip Hop Honors



I skipped watching the latest installment of VH1's annual Hip Hop Honors award show (even though I said that I would watch) mainly because at the last minute I just knew it was gonna irk me to see them throw together a sloppy mess that would most likely just further highlight how far Def Jam had fallen, rather than celebrate it's peaks.

In short, I was right....

After reading up on some noted absences and silly performance pairings I think I made the right choice. I mean WTF, LL wasn't even in the house? And yeah, I'm really kicking myself today about missing that Trey Songs/Warren G performance. SMH...Why even continue to do these shows if they're not done right? Then again it's not really too hard to sell something to the kids that weren't there to witness how things really went down...

In the end the best part of the whole show I'm told came from X and Ja reconciling onstage. Personally I thought the lil' promo commercials and interviews that led up to the show were we got to hear Lyor Cohen's crazy ass talk about signing people and sit down with Rick Rubin and Russell Simmons were far doper than the actual show...Kinda sad, yes but not nearly as troubling as this sit down with T La Rock, in which the first Def jam artist reveals his disappointment by not even being invited to the event...Snubbing the guy who helped jump it all off at Def Jam? Not a smart move...

Don't worry T, you ain't miss much...

-BIG D O





No comments:

Labels