Monday, December 7, 2009

The Doppelgangaz - 2012: The New Beginning




Wow, I remember raving about these cats' "Ghastly Duo EP" a hot minute ago on here and now that I've heard the enigmatic duo's new album "2012: The New Beginning" I feel justified in doing so....This is that real Hip-Hop you been waitin to hear...Well, at least I'd been waiting for it anyway.

Signed to NYC production legend Darell "Digga" Branch's (remember him? Children Of The Corn, The Diplomats, etc.) Six Figga Entertainment label Matter ov Fact and EP have successfully reached their target audience...That being golden age, boom bap starved fans who long for an adamant, dependable new group to turn to in times of mass confusion within' Hip-Hop.

The Doppelgangaz masterful use of reflective, abstract rhymes that they kick over hypnotic, vinyl static laden samples and perfectly chopped break beats is mesmerizing....Honestly I don't know whether Digga had anything to do with the production on this, (and I suspect that's the way the secretive pair like things) but if he did, wow...I also suspect however that EP might of had a hand in the production, if not having done all of it...To whomever did lace this project though, hats off, it's incredible.

It is amazing that these two talented cats are willing to just give this album away for nothing...maybe even sad...whatever the case, I'm gonna do my part and post this excellent release...14 tracks of that raw, real and artistic ish'...one of the best albums of 09' easily!

-BIG D O









http://www.mediafire.com/?i3ux0mdzwmv

No comments:

Labels