Saturday, December 26, 2009

Single: Reflection Eternal ft. Jay Electronica, Mos Def & J. Cole - Just Begun






No Hip-Hop group getting back together and doing a new album is as thrilling a prospect as Reflection Eternal's planned return to the game. The Lone album that they did create back in 2000 I still regard as a masterpiece and have been anxiously waiting for them to follow up for an agonizing 9 years and change. It would seem that 2010, a decade after the young Brooklynite and Cincinatti native linked to create Hip-Hop history is the year I'll finally get my wish...

Before Tek and Kweli hit us with their sophomore release "Revolutions Per Minute" (now that's a friggin title!) they must of course do some buttering up. They both return to us with "Just Begun"...A jazzy horn fueled banger that also see's Talib link back up with his other former groupmate Mos Def, new sensation Jay Electronica and yeah, that J.Cole kid...Sorry if I sound a lil' sour, I don't mess with the latter's music and I don't know if his presence was 100% needed here...I will admit however, he didn't just totally bomb or anything...He was okay...

The real story of "Just Begun" is Jay Elec...Once again stealing the show with witty lines and a pitch perfect, right on time flow...He's supposed to be delivering that "Exhibit A" mixtape on New Year's according to Just Blaze, but I wouldn't hold my breathe...

As for Hi-Tek and Talib they've also got a mixtape droppin' on New Year's Eve with Statik Selektah that I'm sure will be nastier than the broad you kiddies lock lips with at midnight....

-BIG D O





Reflection Eternal ft. Jay Electronica, Mos Def & J. Cole - Just Begun

No comments:

Labels