Monday, December 28, 2009

News: Lupe Fiasco Responds To YN AKA Elliot Wilson




So a few days ago YN AKA Elliot Wilson (formerly of The Source and Ego Trip Magazine) went in on Lupe Fiasco a bit in Rap Radar's "Black Out" section...

YN On Lupe:
I don't know. Never liked this guy. Not a fan. Ego doesn't match the catalogue. At least Kanye made classics in the '00s. Behind the boards and on the mic. This Chi-town fellow's Joe Budden-like Internets hype irks me. I just don't get it. I rather listen to an old Tribe CD. Ha. Anyways, dude will stay present on the RR site next year because that's what you young bucks want. As for me, the OG, I'll pass. Kiss my ass, if you don't like it. Happy Holidays!


LOL, in my 15 years of following Hip-Hop very closely via print and online media lemme tell you it never once did surprise me when YN got under the skin or ruffled the feathers of an artist, group or company...Dude always has spoke his mind and I respect him for it, but admittedly at times he will teeter dangerously along the line of being a responsible, level headed writer/editor and an obnoxious, incorrigible know it all...

That said, I gotta say that what Lupe has done in turn kinda exposes him too....

What Lupe exactly did do in response was post a wordy lil' rebuke (pictured above) to YN's rant on his own blog, taking Wilson to task statement for statement.

Okay, so maybe Mr. Jaco is well within' his rights to be a bit (and I only mean a bit) upset, but hey man, the way he should look at it is that at least people is talkin about him.

Whether it's negative or positive is sort of irrelevant. The old addage that states any publicity is good publicity rings very true here me thinks...Why is Lupe this concerned with the interwebz anyway? Ain't that brutha supposed to be somewhere climbing a mountain or training for it? Stop taking yaself so seriously homeboy, trying to contest every person that writes something about you is a losing cause.

As for Mr. Elliot, dangling exposure in front of artists and posturing as if your above them just cause' you ain't digging they music is silly...I know RR is a successful site, so does the whole web man, no need to be up there makin snide statements about a kid though...

That's my 2 cents...

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels