Monday, December 28, 2009

Pic: Hip-Hop In The 2K's



Thanks to some great inspiration from Thirty Three Jones I decided to go ahead and create my own lil' photographic history of Hip-Hop through the 2K's...

I know that I probably left out a few of the bigger moments we saw these past 9 years, but I tried to include everything that really stuck out.

I put in the raw, real moments that shaped Hip-Hop in the new millennium like Jigga's memorable classic MTV Unplugged performance, DMX's ongoing legal woes, The Dark Prince gettin' extra busy at the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors, Nelly's lovably lewd "Tip Drill" video and much, much more...Also scattered about are the decade's best albums and nods to all the talent and people that we've lost recently.

Really, there's another full year before the 2K's are officially, officially over, but this here is PHH's version of the best ish' that's gone down thus far. Hopefully some of you remember what you were doing or what was happening with yaselves when some of these events occurred...

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels