Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Interview: Murs For Spinner Magazine



Taking a moment to speak to Jazmine Valencia of Seed.com and Spinner.com before he sets out on a 40 city tour, the new face of the Cali underground AKA Murs talks about how he came up with his stage name, his musical influences and divulges who he'd tour with, if he could tour with anyone....

good lil' read...

-BIG D O



Spinner: How did you come up with your name?

Murs: I tend to forget, but I am sure it had something to do with the letters that I could write the best in graphite, because I fancy myself as a "tagger," or dare I use the term "artist," so I combined them to form some type of word and this is the word that stuck. The acronym doesn't really have a real meaning, but I've made up things over the years.

S: How did you get into music?

M: I've always allowed music to be in my life, but I think when I heard LL Cool J's Jack the Ripper, I just knew that this is what I had to do. I don't think it was a conscious decision, but it was just what I was meant to do, what I have to do. I have been doing this for many moons! I recorded my first song eighteen years ago. I worked with various groups in underground music, but my first solo work was in 2003.


Read the rest here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a good read! I especially like his response to Beatles vs. The Stones question.

Labels