Friday, September 25, 2009

DJ Eclipse - The Halftime Show Roc Raida Tribute




While many of us are still reeling from his shocking and untimely passing, DJ Eclipse and the good folks over at The Halftime radio show properly paid their respects to the DJing legend Roc Raida.

Eclipse runs through a bunch of tracks Raida produced/scratched on and opens up the phone lines to let a grip of Hip-Hop royalty call in and big up their friend one last time...classy tribute from Eclipse and company....

-BIG D O




Eclipse's official statement:


On Sunday night I threw together a short Roc Raida tribute set at the beginning of my Sirius show. On Monday night Premier and I held our monthly “Like They Used To Say” party at APT which we dedicated to Roc Raida and were able to raise over $4,000 for his family. On Wednesday night I wanted to do a proper tribute show so I contemplated on what to do. As I compiled every song I could that Raida was featured on (production or scratches) I thought it would be better to reach out to his friends and get their take on what the man meant to them. What started out as a dozen or so people that I intended to talk to snowballed into phone call after phone call of friends wanting to share stories. Please forgive me if I left out someone’s name (or misspelled) in this email, but following is a list of who called or showed up at station (no particular order).

Boogie Blind, Daddy Dog, Roli Rho, Kuttin Kandi, Riz, JS-1, Jab, Sugar Cuts, Neil Armstrong, Fat Fingaz, Q-Bert, Mixmaster Mike, A-Trak, J-Rocc, Babu, Rhettmatic, Scratch, Revolution, Rahzel, Bobbito, A.G., Lord Finesse, Dr. Butcher, Vin Roc, DJ Grouch, Freestyle, Spictakular, Shortkut, Supreme and Tame One.

We ended up going an hour longer then we should have. In between calls I found some old cassette tapes of radio show appearances by the X-Men. I hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as I did. Thanks to the whole Halftime crew for making this run smooth; Skizz, Petey Cologne and Marz One. To everyone that showed up or called in….I love you all.

R.I.P. Grand Master Roc Raida. We’re going to miss you.

Eclipse







Part 1
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6609950743e88465/

Part 2
http://www.zshare.net/audio/66100639f5fb67af/

Part 3
http://www.zshare.net/audio/661015788f61b835/

No comments:

Labels