Wednesday, September 30, 2009

News: Royce Da 5′9 Confirms That Slaughterhouse Is In Talks With Shady Records



Last week Hot 97's Miss Info AKA Shortee that used to write for the Source, reported that Slaughterhouse was in talks with Shady records and would soon sign on with the label. Today Royce Da 5'9" has confirmed such reports.

In an interview with MTV (booo!!) the Detroit wordsmith admitted that the talks were ongoing, but no solid deal had been met just yet:

It's very much what it looks like," Royce said of rumors of their alliance with Eminem. "That's always a possibility. It's conversations being had, very good conversations. I just did an interview recently and they asked me to a address the rumors. I said, 'Rumors are what they are, people see things and they jump to a conclusion.' I never said it wasn't going to happen -- I left it right there in the middle. I think it would be a great thing if it could happen.


Although mostly restrained with his comments, Royce did seem to lean toward our suspicions later on:

I've been talking to Em and Paul for a long time," Royce added. "With this particular situation, things are falling into place. Everything is in place where it's supposed to be. I'm very prepared [for] when the opportunity presented itself. It's a time where there's things they need over here and certain things we need in order to move over there. I think it's a good marriage. Like I said, I just hope it can happen


I'm happy for the Slaughterhouse fellas, signing with Shady gets you instant notoriety and with notoriety usually comes a lil' bit of opportunity, so in that respect big ups and much success if it does in fact happen. I'm afraid being the pessimistic bastard that I am though, I do gotta mention the fact that Shady Records has started to sort of fall into the same category as Em's mentor's label...that being one that routinely grabs up talent and then has em' sit on the shelf for years, and then promptly releases them. Shiiiet, Joell Ortiz just got released from Aftermath, I know he's gotta be feeling a tad bit weary of re-signing to a label so close to the one that pushed him out the door. Then again, I think that Dre did keep his writing contract going or something, so who knows how he feels on the situation. In the end I hope these bruthas get a good deal and are allowed to release another record in a timely fashion....

-BIG D O

No comments:

Labels