Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Singles: NBA Live 10 Soundtrack (Pete Rock, De La Soul, Snoop, Murs, Kurupt & Jay Rock)









If the trend of dropping superior music via video games is really starting to take off then I might have to ditch the PC chess and Mah Jong for an Xbox 360....

My gamer friends are always telling me stories about there being some ill music on a lot of video games these days, but I usually brush off their comments. I would never really get the chance to know anyway, aside from playing a casual couple of games of Madden over a friends crib every once in a blue moon, my gaming days are pretty much behind me. I never was too deep into that. I grew up playing cards, dominoes and real sports man, lol, you know, like actually on the team and whatnot. I ain't tryin' to sit up in front of my TV for hours on end tryin to beat a particular "level"...nah, by the time broads was gettin' cleavage (which around my way was 3rd and 4th grade) my interests was shifting greatly and I had to be outside runnin' around and all that. I gravitated toward the sports games when I did play and I been messin' with Madden and NBA Live since they was on Super Nintendo. NBA Live was my first and only video game obsession. Back then Live was released with the rosters as they were the month before the season started, maybe even sooner, but I would go in and make all the necessary trades and get the rosters lookin up to date. I was fanatical...compulsive even...It actually was a way that I gained a considerable amount of my Basketball knowledge...I watched the NBA games on Saturday like everyone else back then, but I'd be frontin' if I said that lookin at all those rosters on the game didn't sort of subconsciously teach me who was who to a greater extent.

Back then if there would have been any way to marry my other love of Hip-Hop to my Live sessions I woulda been geeked no doubt. Alas I was livin' in the times of a 16 bit console and not much memory...Kids nowadays freakin' get to play against other people 5000 miles away and upload their own music onto their gaming system, SMH...Just ain't fair, lol...

Anyway....

Today I got a chance to peep out a few joints off the upcoming NBA Live 10 soundtrack and I gotta say that they all bang...Wow, what is it about the world of video gaming that can get good stuff like this outta Hip-Hop artists that the regular realm of the industry can't? Perhaps it's the fact that they get paid well and still get their creative control. I can imagine some geek from EA Sports tossing someone like Snoop a fat check and asking him something like "can you give us something a lil' more old school sounding?". Snoop obliged the people at EA mightily. Mightily I say! That lil' freestyle is the most listenable track he's done in years man. Really enjoyed The De La and PR tracks too. It's stuff I would expect to be on their new albums not a video game soundtrack, but hey, it's just more proof that artist's ain't stupid-they're gonna give their best to whoever is paying top dollar, and right now the music biz just ain't where they're gonna get paid....sad stuff really, especially for artists like Pete and De La who always are so creative and skilled with theirs...Just prepare yourself for the day when you hear an ill ass Common song in a refrigerator commercial (if you haven't already, lol).

Be sure to go out and cop that NBA Live 10, it drops on Oct. 6th, I'm sure it's nuts, been the best NBA/basketball game since 95' baby! And yes, the soundtrack will be bangin'. Included along with the songs I've posted there will also be joints from Afrika Bambaataa, Talib Kweli & Mos Def, Grand Puba, Kidz In The Hall, Wale, Zion I, Xzibit, Colin Monroe, 88 Keys, Dead Prez, Wyclef, Matt & Kim and The Beastie Boys among others...

-BIG D O












Pete Rock - When I Need It:
http://usershare.net/z1pk0n1iw4h7


De La Soul - La La La:
http://usershare.net/n2k9iosfsset


Murs ft. Kurupt & Jay Rock - We Ballin':
http://usershare.net/nvbf3mlnmg7n


Snoop - Lodi Dodi:
http://usershare.net/kfg601udwh0r

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good blog with nice posts...
for singles online dating services http://tringuladating.com/ a free online dating services website for singles.

Labels