Friday, July 16, 2010

Interview: NYOil For Old To The New



This man stay speaking on the real and while most folks still don't know who he is, I'm confident that his music will one day smack the majority of heads in the face and wake them the hell on up...hey, I can always hope right?

In this in-depth interview with Ryan Proctor of OldToTheNew, Kool Kim NYOil talks about his infamous "Y’all Should All Get Lynched" track, his surprising move to start working with younger artists and what he's been working on lately, project-wise.

-BIG D O



OldToTheNew: At the very least that track definitely sparked a lot of discussion because you were being so specific in terms of your message. A lot of artists with a similar message seem to be afraid to completely follow through with it for fear of burning bridges in the industry…

NYOil: “I think you’re absolutely right and I think the key phrase you used there was burning bridges. Hindsight is a 20/20 thing and it’s a funny that, being as I’ve had the background of being Kool Kim from The UMCs, I know what the ass-kissing in the industry is about and what it ain’t about, what it can do and what it can’t do. So I know that I would rather be the villain of this music then be some ass-kisser trying to chase after some opportunity that’s not gonna come, or even if it does come you’re sitting there like ‘Man, this was not worth what I went through to get it.


Read the rest here

No comments:

Labels