Sunday, July 11, 2010

Interview: Stoupe The Enemy Of Mankind For HipHopDX



Whenever this reclusive beatmaking genius peers his head out of whatever basement he's currently crafting heat in it's a must that Hip-Hop heads read up...Here, William E. Ketchum III of HipHopDX.com coaxes some answers out of the shy man behind JMT's, AOTP's and most recently songstress Liz Fullerton's great sound.

-BIG D O



DX: Well, one thing about your discography is that you have a good amount of material, but you only work with certain artists. How do you decide who you want to work with?

Stoupe: Well basically, I don’t know how to answer that question. I guess I just get so much time to work on the record that I have to choose from there. I have a regular job, so I don’t get that much time to make a record. I guess I’m just selective, because I can only work with one person for three years. So when you have the time to do it, it’s like that.

DX: Granted you only get to work with limited people, but how do you actually decide who gets to work with you?

Stoupe: Mostly, it’s just who wants to work with me. I don’t have too many people asking to work with me. With Vinnie [Paz], it was just as children, we were friends growing up and that was one thing. And then I guess the next person I’m working with is Liz [Fullerton], and that was based on her ability to, I guess, bring something to a project. I haven’t really worked with anybody between then.


Read the rest here

No comments:

Labels