Monday, July 26, 2010

Video: Showbiz Previews "Godsville" Collab Record W/ KRS-One



Hmmmm....lemme first say this...no one is a bigger fan of Showbiz than this cat right here...Own all his albums, both on CD and Cassette and well, I far and away consider his work in the 90's equal to any of the cats who more frequently draw huge praise in your Premo's, Pete Rock's and so forth....

All that said, man, these previews of the new album he's doing with Kris didn't move me one bit...gone are all the traits that we loved his beats for and what have they been replaced with? A glossy, super clean sound that isn't really my cup of tea...Show! Please don't forget about the cats that been ridin w/ you since the jump! We're the ones that are gonna be coppin this record anyway, so it's in ya best interests to craft it with us in mind...

I will say KRS sounded better than ever, and that's not just b/c I just recently saw him live for the first time and he totally ripped shit down...the final verdict on this jawn is out man...

-BIG D O

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mad excited about this, KRS is quite hit and miss for me, but Show is a beast behind the boards.

Labels