Monday, July 26, 2010

Pic: Muggs Vs. Ill Bill Listening Party For "Kill Devil Hills"



Excellent lil' coverage piece and pictures from the "Kill Devil Hills" listening party that recently went down...

"Kill Devil Hills" probably will register as thee most highly anticipated underground release of this Summer and as the August 24rd release date fast approaches a select number of journalists, writers, and industry heads were invited to listen to the album at DJ Premier’s D&D Studios Headquarterz Studio in Midtown Manhattan, with DJ Eclipse on hand to host and run the session. In the following overview of the session, oneof my fav. NYC rogue journo's Khalid Strickland AKA Black Pacino was in the spot to jot down the goings on that took place...

-BIG D O



Ill Bill:

“I hope people dig it. I love the record and Muggs loves the record too… that’s the most important thing at this point. Records aren’t even selling anymore. When me and Muggs were recording this he was telling me he feels like he’s 21 again and this is like a reboot. Muggs is the last dude making records for money… he doesn’t give a fuck about money at all. I really wish we could give out copies of the record, I really don’t like doing this kinda shit. I don’t feel this is the way to really experience the record. If it was up to me, I’d chill with each of ya’all individually and smoke ya’all out and listen. This is a walkman album to me, I used to take the train every day for years and listen to albums. And this is a walkman album to me.”


Read the full story here

No comments:

Labels