Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Singles: Kev Turner - Back To The Block, Callin Me Back, Sickest & The Breaks



Continuing in the long lineage of uber gifted Philly emcees that have driven the bar up for others in Hip-Hop is Kev Turner...

I'm no newbie to this man's work, long ago I profiled his technically apt, pull no punches sound for PHH...I was impressed then and I'm still impressed now. Turner has what it takes to be one of the best new names to spring up from rap's new generation. His material can be flashy, thoughtful and hardcore all at once and he never sounds like he's forcing "it". His delivery is dexterious and if you listen closely enough his actual voice def. channels a less baritone Sean Price or Jay Electronica; a pair of tastemakers I'd take being compared to in a heartbeat if I rhymed.

Do yaself a solid and peep these four new cuts from Kev's upcoming album (yes that's an album kiddies, start makin em' instead of mixtapes) "Soul City Music Vol.1".

-BIG D O


Kev Turner - Back To The Block

Kev Turner - Callin Me Back

Kev Turner - Sickest

Kev Turner - The Breaks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is pretty HOT!

Labels