Friday, July 24, 2009

Single: 2Pac ft. Snoop Dogg - If There's A Cure (I Don't Want I)




Man it does my heart well to hear stuff like this.....

Here we got a posthumous and previously unreleased gem that finds the man, the myth and the legendary Thuglife Ryda, Tupac Amaru Shakur going back and forth on a record with one of his best collaborators ever when he was alive, and one time label mate Snoop Dogg....

Switching from deliberate rap flow to sing songy vocals, Pac's undeniable skill is at work here....Before the song even starts Pac eludes to this being a complete freestyle off the top of the head too....

Snoop feeds off Pac's blistering energy and supplies some simple, yet oh so proper and lively rhymes that you couldn't get outta him today if you resurrected Pac and had him show up on that wretchedly bad variety talk show Dogg After Dark....

Not really sure where this joint stems from....I just know that a heap of new unreleased Pac music hit the net today....Might be a re-hashing of an older song, might be an original version to something I'm not sure....I was up on my Pac back in the day, but I'm not one of these Tupacologist's, that knows his extensive catalog and verses inside out.....

Either way, "If There's A Cure.." provides a really great glimpse back in time for me and many others I'm sure.....Hurling us back to days when real Hip-Hop was still very prevalent, and a big reason for that was genuine artist's like Pac leading the way with devotion, a real message and feeling.....Still miss this brother....

-BIG D O









http://www.zshare.net/audio/631085412756749c/

No comments:

Labels