Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Single: Nore ft. Kid Cudi - Floating In The Sky




I'm a sucka for Nore's music man....No matter what, ever since he and Capone straight blessed the game with that almost perfect debut album, I've wasted many a dollar on giving him (and really them both) the benefit of the doubt when it comes to whatever new project they're releasing....

It all started when Nore's game began to slide a lil' bit on that "Melvin Flynt - The Hustler"....I noted the small decline, but I suppose I chalked it all up to him not ever being a super great MC and chose for some reason, to anticipate his next album anyway. We all ended up having to wait 3 years for the next LP, which was a horrid mess titled "God's Favorite", and yet still I managed to scrounge out a small gratitude for certain joints on it and held out hope that he'd turn it around next time out. I was wrong. Agian.

We got albums like "N.O.R.E. y la Familia...Ya TĂș Sabe" and "Noreality"...SMH...How the "Superthug" went from "Blood Money" and "Grimey" to "Shoulders Move" with Jim Jones and Nina Sky I will never fully understand...The only observation I do have is that he's the poster child for how Hip-Hop gets turned out by money....He just continually underachieves, but manages to skate by nonetheless, mainly due to his prior successes and guys like me who have to go out and buy a new copy of "The War Report" or "The Reunion" every other year....

And still, he's managed to squeeze out a new single that has peeked my interests enough to throw it on Purehip-hop....with a burgeoning mainstream rapper that I really never have dug no less....LOL, Nore has more lives than that super ig'nant Newport box chain of his has green diamonds....Perhaps now that he's done pimpin' Reggaeton for all that it's worth and he's had his fill of floppin' with half assed releases he's ready to focus?.....One never really knows with Nore...

Here he teams up with the previously mentioned Kid Cudi (who's nasally verse on this borders on un-listenable) over a sinister beatwork, that somewhat harkens back to his glory days rockin' over more hardcore type selections....Albeit his flow here is badly in need of a tune up and the lyrics never stray too far from just above novice, but he still has that honest and ascribable persona and that's why "Floating In The Sky" is worth ya 3 minutes and 20 seconds.....

I guess I'll go ahead and also mention that his new album "S.O.R.E." is droppin' here in a minute.....buyer beware...

-BIG DO








http://www.zshare.net/audio/6302799998f88001/

No comments:

Labels