Monday, July 20, 2009

Single: The Roots - How I Got Over



I couldn't wait for this to finally drop online after I saw them perform it live on that snooze fest Jimmy Fallon show....Sorry kids, Jimmy is just too awkward and a much better sketch comedy performer. The best part of the show for me literally is The Roots playing out to commercial....

All Fallon bashing aside, "How I got Over" is the title track and new single for The Grammy Award winning band's new LP.

Continuing on in The bold path of truly embodying what a Hip-Hop band is, this joint is Funky, full of subtle pain and relatable. For me it's the hard luck anthem for many people in this country right now, but it does have that special "something" that makes it alright to be down and out....

Can't wait for the new record, which drops on September 29th....

-BIG D O








http://usershare.net/pdda9gknh93j

No comments:

Labels