Monday, May 31, 2010

Interview: Homeboy Sandman For AboveGroundMagazine.com



You absolutely gotta read this....Homeboy Sandman might just be one of the most important new emcees to come along in the past 3 or four years...A relentless lyricist with a streamlined flow that never hesitates to speak his mind on any subject, be it native to his home of NYC or world politics.

Tyler Hakes AKA the cat that lets me get my review on over at AboveGroundMag.com, conducts this interview with Sandman and asks him about a range of things, including his songmaking process and his latest album the dynamite "The Good Sun".

-BIG D O



aboveGround Magazine: Let’s talk about the new album, what was the process like? Almost 2 years recording time?

Homeboy Sandman: Well, I wasn’t recording this album for 2 years. After Actual Factual Pterodactyl came out I was recording other stuff. The first song on this album I think I recorded at the beginning of last year. I didn’t even know it was gonna be on this album but it kind of set the album in motion, a song called “The Essence”, but I used it for my video that came out around the same time, so when that Vimby video came out is when this album really started.


Read the rest here

No comments:

Labels